Decrease Time to Response and Remediation with SOAR
As an Incident Responder (IR), it doesn’t seem to matter how quickly you solve an issue nor if the case or ticket comes to you with no additional information. You are constantly told to “move faster.” You’re flooded with tickets, incidents and cases – but often times they lack the context you need to drive your investigation and next steps about that specific issue. It is the lack of integration with other security and monitoring tools that forces you to essentially work in a silo and manually collect the information needed to move an investigation and/or response to an incident along.
This manual collection is a lack of process and poorly defined ownership of that process. (Obvi)…but did you know it doesn’t have to be this way?
Enter Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR). The ideal solution to these problems is a centralized platform that integrates with all team members and technology solutions, that enables automation and orchestration, and allows for a place to standardize and memorialize best practices. An added benefit is the ability to report on mean time to detect and respond, team performance, ROI, etc.
With ThreatConnect’s intel-driven SOAR Platform you have a single point of truth for the entire security team. By breaking down information and process silos for each stakeholder, you in turn break them down across the entire team. Everyone is on the same page with threat intelligence, security processes, and response plans. This increased visibility helps reduce redundancies and improve efficiency across the entire program.
Using ThreatConnect can help Incident Response teams coordinate multiple streams of activity handled by different people, all with different roles and expertise, to support a comprehensive response to a security incident. Removing the friction caused by unnecessary human intervention allows processes to run much smoother. Automating workflows across teams and technology solutions with ThreatConnect Playbooks will reduce detection and response times while ensuring each step is being followed the same way, everytime. Additionally, applying external threat intelligence during triage and investigation will allow for a greater understanding of new potential threats that haven’t been seen before in your organization.
With ThreatConnect, Incident Responders are able to:
- Drive Decision Making with Trusted Internal and External Intelligence
- Gain immediate insight into intel-related artifacts. Integrate with existing ticketing systems to open cases and push intelligence (e.g. – Jira, ServiceNow)
- Automatically Escalate to Cases, Notify and Provide Relevant Details
- Automatically escalate alerts to a case and notify appropriate parties through tools like Twilio, Slack, etc.
- Automate Processes for Investigations
- Use Workflows to outline steps of investigations, automatically run non-human essential steps with Playbooks
- Record, Analyze and Interact with All Information Related to a Case
- Have a central location to interact with all information related to the case at hand
- Manage active cases, enrich all cases with internal and external threat intelligence, add new intelligence from cases back into the Platform
- Expedite Artifact Collection from a Variety of Sources
- Use Playbooks and integrations to collect artifacts from various sources (e.g. EDR, Vuln Mgmt, etc.)
- Reduce the Risk of Missing Critical Steps
- Design your own or use built-in templates to document your processes
- Get Instant Updates with a Team-based Notification System
- Use in Platform features like comments and posts, third party integrations with technology such as Slack to drive real-time communication across teams
ThreatConnect exposes the risks and threats that matter most, solving the issue of prioritization in security. The Platform provides a continuous feedback and improvement loop for the people, processes and technologies that make up the security program. Security Intelligence feeds operations, directing action against the threats that matter most. The efficiency of those actions is continually improved through Playbooks and automated workflows. The outcomes of those actions further feed intelligence, providing the ability to refine the efficacy of the entire security lifecycle.
With increasing volumes of aggressive threats, where rapid response is measured in seconds, organizations need to reduce the time to respond. This is a core focus of SOAR solutions today. Automation, orchestration, and case management can help by delegating certain tasks to machines and removing unnecessary human roadblocks. When paired with real-time team collaboration functionality, your team will be able to reduce the response time, including containment and remediation, to seconds — not days or weeks.