Welcome to the second episode in our 5-part CISO Challenge Series, featuring in-depth discussions with leading Chief Information Security Officers about the major business and cybersecurity challenges that continue to plague security programs around the world.
We’re basing our interviews on a recent World Economic Forum (WEF) report that calls for a new strategic technological approach to addressing five global cybersecurity challenges:
- Increasing sophistication of cyber attacks and cyber adversaries
- Widening cybersecurity skills gap
- Lack of intelligence and operational information sharing
- The inability to assess, communicate and manage the financial impact of cyber events – and thus the business risk to the organization
- Underinvestment and lack of business buy-in
On this episode, we’re talking with Jeff Horne, the Chief Security Officer at Ordr, a leading cybersecurity firm for enterprise IoT and connected devices. Jeff is the former Senior Director of Information Security for SpaceX, where he was responsible for the overall security strategy of SpaceX and managing the Information Security, Compliance (ITAR), Security Operations, and Physical Security groups.